OCPI is proud to support the Canadian medical community by funding medical education initiatives for healthcare professionals. Specifically we offer educational and medical research grants focusing on:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neuroscience, in conjunction with our Alliances
Further, OCPI believes strongly in supporting patients and their caregivers and will endeavor to support disease awareness as well as patient association’s initiatives.
As we believe in being a responsible corporate citizen, operating ethically and with integrity, and as a member of Innovative Medicines Canada, the association of Canada’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies, all grant and donation requests are reviewed by our Grant Review Committee to ensure adherence to Innovative Medicines Canada’s Code of Ethical Practices and other applicable guidelines. Although we strive to minimize delays, review times may vary, depending on the type and value of the request; you should normally get an email confirming our receipt of your request within 5 business days. Providing all of the information specified in the How to Apply section below will help expedite the review process. Every request is evaluated on its own. Continued support of a previously funded recurring activity or project should not be presumed as many evolving factors are taken into consideration.
Please note that, as a general rule, OCPI will not support requests:
- to fund activities or projects that have already occurred
- where funds are to be paid to an individual, with the exception of healthcare professionals’ requests to attend an international congress or symposia or for investigator initiated trials
- to fund travel costs of attendees to a Canadian learning program
- to fund activities or beneficiaries outside of Canada, with the exception of healthcare professionals’ requests to attend an international congress or symposia
- from healthcare organizations or associations for activities or projects that do not serve an educational, scientific or patient care purpose (such as an association’s annual general meeting with no CHE activities, departmental retreats, leisure activities, etc.)
- from individuals or teams participating in walk/bike/run fundraising events
- to support organizations discriminating on the basis of race, creed, gender, age, sexual preference, disability or national origin
- to support sporting events or teams
- for student group activities
- from political parties or candidates at any level
- from religious organizations
- incompatible with OCPI’s mission and values
To be considered for review, a request must include the following:
- a request letter addressed to the OCPI Grant Review Committee and on the original letterhead of the organization to whom the funding is to be provided, that clearly specifies both the rationale and objectives of the activity, project or campaign and the support sought from OCPI. Requests from individual healthcare professionals to attend an international congress or symposia are not required to be on an organization’s letterhead
- the complete, legal name of the organization or individual to whom payment is to be made
- if the request is to support a specific event, the purpose, program objectives and agenda of the event, along with its date, time and location
- a budget stating the total amount required for the activity and providing a sufficiently detailed breakdown of the different costs to be covered to allow an assessment of the reasonableness of the funding sought in light of the objectives specified. The budget must include any applicable non-refundable taxes and specify any internal administrative fees charged by the organization receiving the funds, as once a request is approved, no additional funds will be provided over the funding requested initially to cover such costs
- if a charitable organization, the organization’s Canada Revenue Agency charity registration number
- if a funding request for the same project, activity or campaign has been or will be submitted to BMS Canada or Lundbeck Canada, a statement to this effect.
- contact information for updates and follow-ups
Note that additional information and documents may be requested, and that provision of support for an approved request is conditional to the signature of a Letter of Agreement.
To apply for support or ask us a question on our grant process or the status of your request, please email us at