Key Account Manager, Nephrology
Type: Permanent position
Location: erritory - Quebec East and New Brunswick
Department: Sales, Marketing & Patient Experience
Reports To: National Director Sales, Nephrology
Summary of Purpose:
Territory: Quebec East and New Brunswick
Reporting to the National Director Sales, Nephrology, the Key Account Manager (KAM), will be responsible to promote 3 products in Nephrology:
- KORSUVA (Difelikefalin) first in class and only indicated treatment for moderate-to-severe CKD associated pruritus (CKD-aP) currently in preparation for launch
- Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide) indicated for the management of hyperphosphatemia
- Jinarc (Tolvaptan) is the standard of care for patients with ADPKD (autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease)
These products will be promoted to nephrologists, pharmacists, nurses and other HCPs related to kidney care. The KAM will be responsible to develop and implement a strategic business plan for their key academic and community based nephrology clinics to grow product usage and drive local market sales. Individuals must have a strong key account approach and the ability to develop innovative solutions to engage customers and drive business within a unique selling context. Experience with patient support programs a strong asset. Develop superior customer relationships through the application of strategic account management. Ensures full compliance with Rx&D regulations and OCPI policies in all aspects of interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Prepares and implements a territory plan with set territory specific objectives; conducts promotional programs, represents and promotes OCPI as a leader in nephrology.
- Develops and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and speakers, including nephrologists, nursing and pharmacy staff within the key nephrology accounts. Develops, manages and maintains relationships with key decision-makers
- Manages the territory in an efficient and orderly manner through effective sales planning and implementation, ascribing to principles of key account prioritization.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with all OCPI associates in order to facilitate a well-coordinated effort within accounts. Coordinate interactions between OCPI and various stakeholders within key accounts. Collaborate with marketing and medical counterparts to deliver value-added programs to customers
- Plans and organizes accredited and other learning programs to communicate appropriate approved product information to appropriate HCP customers.
- Builds repository of customer information that is accessible to all OCPI team members. Ensures appropriate communication and transparency of all account related activities to internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate strong disease state and product knowledge and the ability to develop strong professional relationships
- Reporting Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science or relevant field
- 5 years of experience as a Key Account Manager
- Experience in institutional specific selling would be a strong asset
- Documented success in key account management within pharmaceutical and/or institutional markets
- Experience in calling on pharmacy and nursing staff associated with an hospital account
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Preferable candidate has experience in nephrology
- Knowledge of reimbursement issues in the private and public markets, including institutional channels
- Strong business background and the ability to build and support care teams for monitoring and follow up of patients in a customized care model, tailored the specific needs of the clinic.
- Proven ability to establish and cultivate key customer relationships
- Ability to gather customer specific information, analyze quantitative data, and interpret information
- Ability to clarify customer interests, address customer issues, and manages customer expectations.
- Ability to link solutions to patient customer needs, deliver a compelling presentation, displays personal conviction, and establish credibility and trust
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to changing market dynamics and demands
- Strong time-management, organizational and planning skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the assigned geographical region in order to be considered
- Travel required (up to 30% of the time)