Commercial Lead, Avacopan
Type: Permanent position
Department: Sales, Marketing & Customer Support Programs
Reports To: Director, Marketing & Sales, Nephrology Business Unit
Summary of Purpose:
As Commercial Lead, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of the brand strategy, marketing mix operational plan development and execution in preparation of the launch of Avacopan, a first in class treatment for ANCA-associated vasculitis. You will work closely with medical affairs and the global brand team, as well as the KOL community and other key stakeholder groups in preparation of the launch. The individual in this role will be very disease and customer focused, bringing their leadership to rally the cross-functional core brand team to support the launch.
Primary responsibilities will include the development and implementation of the brand plan, including integrating customer insights and developing focused education and customer support programs. In addition, the Commercial Lead for Avacopan will lead the development of innovative engagement programs for effective peer-to-peer interactions and manage the promotional and medical education agencies’ activities, budget and deliverables.
- Lead and develop focused strategic and tactical launch plans, translating strategy to execution based on customer insights in line with the overall brand strategy
- Work with local agency partners and oversee their activities to ensure timely and optimal execution and delivery of tactics and programs, including KOL consultations/advisory boards. educational programs and market research, in preparation of the launch
- Structure, coordinate, and participate in market research to develop meaningful insights for both HCP and other key stakeholder initiatives
- Support Market Access Team in order to develop the best HTA dossier, including development and execution of access related tactics and field implementation.
- With the analytics and forecast team, develop a patient based forecast model and support forecasting and pricing teams
- Work with Legal, Medical, Regulatory and Compliance to get promotional materials, programs reviewed and approved
- Monitor performance based on market understanding, insights and analytics.
- Analyze product performance to support inventory management of the marketed product
- Communicate strategic and tactical plans to Canadian senior management, our global partner, as well as to the specialty field team.
- Report Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- B.Sc. or equivalent degree required; MBA or MSc an asset
- Five or more years of pharmaceutical experience in specialty product management, in addition to several years specialty sales experience. Previous experience in nephrology or rheumatology a strong asset. CME management and knowledge of PSP program management also assets.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legal, regulatory, and medical processes required
- Ability to develop consistent, well-supported, promotional strategies. Proven leadership, strategic, and analytical abilities
- Strong team-building skills, a team-oriented approach, collaborative and supportive management style are required
- Strong scientific background
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as good presentation skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual French and English
- Travel required (approximately 30-35%)
Supervision of Others: