Nephrology Reference Specialist
Type: Contract 6 months
Location: Montreal - Field
Department: Sales, Patient & Branding Strategy
Summary of Purpose:
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Nephrology Referral Specialist (NRS) for ADPKD will be responsible to promote the Nephrology referral ADPKD process in his territory and JINARC for ADPKD (autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease) with physicians, pharmacists and healthcare professionals primarily at the primary care level. JINARC is the first treatment option for patients with ADPKD and it should be initiated and monitored by a physician experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of polycystic kidney disease (i.e. nephrologist). For this reason, the NRS will be responsible to develop and implement a referral process between GPs and nephrologists in areas of the territory, as well as provide education which facilitates identification and referral of ADPKD patients to key centers being established in ADPKD care. The nephrologists are already supported by a team of Key Account Managers (KAM) who are promoting JINARC.
The ideal incumbent is capable of managing a large territory, must be eager to learn new skills as this project may evolve over time and the ability to develop innovative solutions to engage customers and drive business within a unique sales context. Also, the individual is able to develop superior customer relationships through the application of strategic sales approaches. The individual is able to execute CME events to maximize and accelerate the referral process. The NRS will be responsible for maximizing OCPI product sales in the assigned territory.
- Promotes JINARC to primary care physicians and other HCPs through meaningful scientific and business exchange.
- Plans and organizes accredited and other learning programs to communicate appropriate approved product information to appropriate HCP customers.
- Manages the territory in an efficient and orderly manner through effective sales planning and implementation. Attains the designated goals for calls on appropriate accounts and healthcare professionals to communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on OCPI products
- Works cross-functionally with all OCPI associates especially KAMs in order to facilitate a well-coordinated effort between primary care physicians and nephrologists. Collaborates with marketing and medical counterparts to deliver value-added programs to customers
- Is a source of insight and guidance to the head office brand team as well as sales colleagues. Is proactive and reacts with agility to emerging trends within the territory.
- Prepares and implements a territory plan with set territory specific objectives; conducts promotional programs, represents and promotes OCPI as a leader in the assigned therapeutic area
- Complies with Rx&D Code of Conduct as well as with all OCPI standards and policies relating to all job activities
- Understands and consistently applies OCPI’s corporate values and policies to everyday activities
- Demonstrates a consistent completion of administrative requirements including reporting in a timely manner, budget management, log-ins, etc.
- Operates the territory within the assigned expense budget
- Reports Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Sc. or B.A. degree required
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Representative
- Experience in nephrology or a related specialty area is strongly preferred
- Result oriented, proactive ability to think critically, strategically and a proven track record in execution with excellence
- Innovation and solution oriented
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to establish and cultivate key customer relationships
- Ability to gather customer specific information, analyze quantitative data, and interpret information
- Ability to clarify customer interests, addresses customer issues, and manages customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to changing market dynamics and demands
- Strong time-management, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to apply newly learned knowledge and skills
- Computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the assigned geographical region in order to be considered
- Travel required approximately 30%
Supervision of Others: