Neuroscience Specialty Representative Abilify Maintena
Type: Permanent position
Location: Montreal-West, Laurentians, Gatineau
Department: Sales, Patient & Branding Strategy
Summary of Purpose:
To contribute to OCPI’s overall sales objective by performing assigned sales related activities. To provide physicians, pharmacists and healthcare professionals with products, services, and information that will enable them to use and prescribe OCPI products safely and effectively. The ideal incumbent is capable of managing the territory and completing administrative requirements in an efficient manner. The candidate will also ensure full compliance with drug laws and regulations.
• Achieve the assigned sales objective for the territory.
• Responsible for the promotion of OCPI CNS products to MDs and other mental health HCPs through meaningful scientific and business exchange.
• Execute calls on general practitioners, psychiatrists, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals in order to provide product information and to assure the availability and use of OCPI products in the territory. Engage in in-depth conversations with customers utilizing multiple data sets across a broad base of approved product indications. Navigate through complex organization structures including hospitals and healthcare communities.
• Work collaboratively with other members of OCPI and OCPI co-promotion partners to maximize commercial success of OCPI products and successfully implement marketing activities.
• Work cross-functionally and lead as appropriate the implementation of educational activities for MDs and other HCPs.
• Be a source of insight and guidance to the head office brand team as well as sales colleagues. Be proactive and react with agility to emerging trends within the territory.
• Attain the designated goals for calls on appropriate healthcare professionals and communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on OCPI products.
• Implement educational activities with target customers as per the plan of action.
• Manage the territory in an efficient and orderly manner, ascribing to principles of key physician/account prioritization, daily call reporting, and sample accountability. Develop and execute effective business plans.
• Comply with all provincial and federal laws, regulations and guidelines including Rx&D Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals as well as complying with all OCPI standards and policies relating to all job activities.
• Identify and develop Subject Matter Experts and Key Opinion Leaders within territory.
• Complete all required training courses and continually update product knowledge.
• Complete the appropriate CCPE designation(s).
• Timely, efficient reporting and completion of all administrative tasks.
• Manage territory budget in a cost efficient and timely manner.
• Behave in a compliant and ethical manner across all activities.
• Reporting Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• B.Sc. or B.A. degree required
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a Pharmaceutical Representative
• Experience in neuroscience area is strongly preferred
• Results oriented, proactive ability to think critically, strategically and a proven track record in execution with excellence
• Innovative and solution oriented
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Demonstrated team player
• Experience in co-commercialization, a definite asset
• Ability to speak and work in English, French considered an asset (Except in Qc)
• Computer proficiency is required
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required (no more than three moving violation convictions within the past three years)
Supervision of Others: