Sales, Patient & Branding Strategy
Type: Permanent position
Department: Sales, Patient & Branding Strategy
Summary of Purpose
To contribute to OCPI’s overall sales objective by performing assigned sales related activities. To provide physicians, pharmacists and healthcare professionals with products, services, and information that will enable them to use and prescribe OCPI products safely and effectively. This position will focus on promoting OCPI CNS products, implementing promotional activities and delivering added value to customers. The ideal incumbent is capable of managing their geography and completing administrative requirements in an efficient manner. The candidate will also ensure full compliance with drug laws and regulations.
- Achieve the assigned sales objective for the territory.
- Promote OCPI CNS products to MDs and other mental health HCPs through meaningful scientific and business exchange.
- Execute calls on psychiatrists, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals in order to provide product information and to assure the availability & use of OCPI products in the geography. Engage in in-depth conversations with psychiatrists and other healthcare professionals utilizing multiple data sets across a broad base of approved product indications. Navigate through complex organizational structures including hospitals and healthcare communities.
- Develop an influence map within the accounts, map the dynamics for patient care and follow up (algorithms/protocols) within an institution, develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers, advocates and influencers. Develop and effectively execute institutional business plans
- Work with members of the P&T committee and champion the approval of OCPI products.
- Work with members of mental health teams to discuss challenges, collaborate to address gaps and ultimately establish OCPI as a valuable partner in helping to improve patient outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with other members of OCPI and OCPI co-promotion partners to maximize commercial success of OCPI products, successfully implement marketing activities and address reimbursement hurdles.
- Work cross-functionally and lead as appropriate the implementation of educational activities for MDs and other HCPs.
- Be a source of insight and guidance to the head office brand team as well as sales colleagues. Be proactive and react with agility to emerging trends within the accounts and surrounding geography.
- Attain the designated goals for calls on appropriate healthcare professionals and communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on OCPI products.
- Manage the territory in an efficient and orderly manner, ascribing to principles of key physician/account prioritization, daily call reporting, and sample accountability. Develop and execute effective business plans.
- Comply with all provincial and federal laws, regulations and guidelines including the Code of ethical practices of Innovative Medicines Canada on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals as well as complying with all OCPI standards and policies relating to all job activities.
- Identify and develop Subject Matter Experts and Key Opinion Leaders within territory.
- Complete all required training courses and continually update product knowledge.
- Complete the appropriate CCPE designation(s)
- Timely, efficient reporting and completion of all administrative tasks
- Manage territory budget in a cost efficient and timely manner
- Behave in a compliant and ethical manner across all activities
- Reporting Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
Education, Competencies and Experience:
- Strong track record of success
- Pharmaceutical experience is an asset but not a must
- Experience with institution specific selling and/or key account management
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor degree;
- Prior launch experience considered an asset
- Experience in co-commercialization, a definite asset
- Results oriented, proactive ability to think critically, strategically and a proven track record in execution with excellence
- Innovative and solution oriented
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Demonstrated team player
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Computer proficiency is required
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required (no more than three moving violation convictions within the past three years).
Supervision of Others: