Specialist, Medical Information
Type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Montreal - Head Office
Department: Medical and Regulatory Affairs
Director, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance and Pharmacovigilance
Summary of Purpose:
This position will support activities related primarily to Medical Information operations of OCPI. This includes close relationships with external vendors and alliance partners, as well as close interactions with internal colleagues from both local and global levels. The candidate will provide support on existing products marketed in Canada, as well as products in the pre-launch phase, or other special cases.
• Provide medical and technical information to healthcare professionals, consumers, requesters and internal colleagues (i.e. MSLs, sale representatives) on all marketed and future OCPI products.
• Adapt existing or create documentation to support the Medical Information call center (standard letters, frequently asked questions, questions & answers).
• Conduct thorough quality checks of call center Medical Information activities: medical information inquiries, safety information reports, product quality complaints and customer feedback reports.
• Translate or verify translation of Medical Information standard letters and various medical documents.
• Execute literature searches, evaluation of evidence and medical writing of scientific summary reports. Evaluate and summarize the literature using critical judgment and professional/scientific expertise.
• Contact requestors to provide an accurate, timely, up to date thorough response when necessary.
• Routine interactions with the Medical Information call center to monitor and favor service quality to OCPI clients.
• Update and maintain documents in the Medical Information database, as required.
• Collaborate with other services (Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Marketing etc.) to review material, correspondence, reports from a Medical Information perspective.
• Maintain and develop product and therapeutic expertise in relevant area(s) by participating in external conferences and scientific meetings.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of local Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance procedures.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is filed and available for reference.
• Support various projects in relation to Medical Information at the global and local levels.
• Reporting Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• Minimum of an M.Sc. in Health Sciences (pharmacy, nursing, medical)
• English and French (bilingual is essential) – both oral & written
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in Medical Information
• Ability to express Medical Information accurately, clearly, and succinctly
• Excellent scientific and clinical expertise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including phone etiquette)
• Strong customer focus
• Computer skills, knowledge of IRMS database is a plus
• Well-organized, strong ability to manage several projects and priorities at the same time to meet tight deadlines
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer-oriented attitude, team spirit and ability to establish effective relationships
• Attention to details – Thoroughness
• Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn
Supervision of Others: